Crab Cakes with Creamy Roasted Bell pepper sauce
Michael and I go to Hotel Park City every year for our anniversary and top it off with dinner at Ruth's Chris. My favorite thing is their seared Ahi Tuna with Crab cakes. I also like the ones at Carraba's. I just had to replicate, but I have tried to make my own a few times to no avail. I think I found THE recipe!!! Hurray!!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 3 green onions, green tops, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/8 teaspoon tony's sacheries (or cajun spice)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 5 saltine crackers, crumbled medium to fine
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs (more if needed)
- 1 pound lump crab meat, picked clean of shells
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a medium skillet, melt the butter and saute the onions, garlic, parsley and peppers until soft. Let cool.
In a mixing bowl, combine the egg, Cajun seasonings, garlic powder, heavy cream, mustard, lemon juice and mayonnaise together. Gently mix in the saltine crackers, breadcrumbs and crabmeat. Add salt and pepper, if needed.
Shape into crab cakes.
Melt butter in Cast Iron skillet. When butter is hot, but not brown add crab cakes.
Roasted Red Bell pepper sauce Sauce
1 green onion (minced)
2 Cloves garlic (minced)
2 Large red peppers (roasted)
1 pint Half & Half or Heavy Cream
1 1/2 C Parmesan Cheese
Melt butter and saute onion, garlic, red peppers until soft. Slowly add cream and Parmesan Cheese, stir until cheese is melted and creamy. Pour sauce over crab cakes to serve. I served with Penne pasta and baked talapia.