Cupcakes



I made these for my sisters baby shower. These were not only adorable, they tasted amazing (if I can say so myself... and I DO! ... hehehe). She just adopted twins... hurray! They are tiny and beautiful! But more about that on my family blog. This is about food and cute food!

I made 64 cupcakes! I made Nutella cream filled ones with Nuttella frosting, Coconut cream filled ones with pina coloda frosting,, Raspberry filled with Cream Cheese icing, and vanilla pudding filled ones with butter cream frosting.
 (I wish I would have written down the cupcake recipes, but I didn't. I will try to remember them and post them.)

Here is a description on how I made the peas in the pod and flowers: 


I made the peas and flowers out of fondant 4 days earlier. I used Wilson's brand fondant and and kneaded the color in to get the exact colors I wanted. (tip: use powdered sugar when it gets sticky.. but only add as needed as to not dry out the fondant).

I used a tad of brown, yellow and pink to make flesh color peas and obviously green for the pea pod. I cut the pea pod using the center of it a small canning lid and used a butter knife to cut it (using the outside of it made too big of a pea pod). I waited for the baby peas to dry before I folded them into pod so they could keep their shape. I wet the edges with a clean, small paint brush to clean them up a bit and wet the center for the baby peas to fit in. Then folded them to look like the peas. I wet the edges to stick them together. I let them dry overnight then hand painted the faces on.

I used a cookie cutter for the flowers, put the flowers in bent aluminum foil to give them a curved 3D look.I made a paste out of powdered sugar and water to glue two of them together. I made the circles, let them dry enough to handle, (put on a sheet of paper to catch left over glitter) then painted them to get them wet and sprinkled them with edible glitter.( I didn't even know that stuff existed. It made them a million times cuter.. thanks Heather!) Then used the "glue" to stick them to the flowers. I sprinkled the left over the cupcakes.

Comments

  1. Ok, I am totaly drooling about getting the cupcake recipes! Can't wait to try them out. I LOVE cupcakes! :) I posted a recipe for Key Lime Cupcakes on my blog. They are delicious! I'm glad I checked out your food blog. I miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment