Tofu Spinach Nuggets


I made these in attempt to get my kids to not have my kids eat so many chicken nuggets and incorporate some spinach in their diet.

I just threw things together, so I hope I get the portions right, which wont matter THAT much, you just have to get the mixture to a thicker, roll-able, texture.

1 package Extra firm tofo (I used the Sprouted Tofu... SUPER FIRM stuff!)
3-4 cups spinach
drop of liquid smoke
1/4 C flaxseed, ground
pinch of galic powder
1/2 tsp liquid brags
1/2 C grated cheese (Optional)
1/3 Whole wheat flour (Aprx)

1/2 C Whole wheat flour
1/2 C ground flaxseed
1/2 C panko (Japanese Bread Crumbs)
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Egg Substitute for dipping

Put first 2 ingredients in blender until spinach and Tofu are, well, kind of mushy is the best way I can describe it. Remove from blender to large bowl and add liquid smoke, flaxseed, garlic powder, braggs, cheese and add enough flour to form into "play dough" kind of texture.

Roll into balls and form into "nugget" shape. Dip into egg substitue and then in Wheat/Panko mixture.

Heat skillet, add oil, when oil is shiny add freshly dipped nuggets. Fry on both sides until nuggets are firm.

Comments