Nawlin's Barbeque Shrimp


Nawlin's Barbeque Shrimp
(These are "SLAP YO MAMA GOOD!! Honestly! Ridiculously Good, Oh so Heavenly Good)
I have to give credit to Ree Drumond for this one. She is the author of Pioneer Woman cooks. It is by far the best Recipe Blog EVER!! Check it out at http://thepioneerwoman.com
Servings: 6

3 pounds (more Or Less) Unpeeled Shrimp (21-26 Count Or Larger)
½ cups Olive Oil
Salt And Pepper, to taste
3 whole Lemons (juice Of)
¼ cups (to 1/2 Cup) Worcestershire Sauce
Tabasco
1 stick Butter

First, thoroughly rinse raw shrimp w/shells still on. I use 21-26 count (that means 21-26 shrimp per pound) but I’ve certainly used bigger. Any smaller than this, and it’s difficult to peel, so stick with 21-26 or bigger. Place the shrimp in a large baking pan in a single layer. Over top of the shrimp drizzle about ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil.

Generously sprinkle black pepper over top of the shrimp. Be very generous! Now sprinkle generously with salt (I use kosher).

Squeeze the juice of about 3-4 lemons over top of all of the shrimp. Now GENEROUSLY drizzle Worcestershire all over the shrimp, about ¼ to ½ a cup. Drizzle Tabasco sauce over the top to your desired temperature. Some like it hot.

Now grab your stick of butter and cut it into pats. Place the pats of butter on top of the shrimp as evenly spaced as possible.

Place the pan of shrimp under the broiler in your oven for just about 10 minutes until the shrimp are no longer translucent. Serve with a roll of crusty French bread because you need something to absorb all of the glorious juices.

***I made these again for dinner last night.. HOLY CRAP! I am always amazed at how easy this is to make how gourmet they taste. I served it with Toasted French Bread and Salad. I made up this Salad dressing that I really liked. I will post it. I call it Olive Caper Dressing. I got the idea from Don's Seafood while we were there. The perfect fancy dinner in less than 30 minutes.

Comments