Saturday, January 2, 2010
* 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
* 1/2 onion, sliced thin
* 1 potato, cubed and boiled (almost cooked)
* 1 1/2 -3 tbsp green curry paste (depending on taste)
* 2 cans coconut milk
* 1/2 C chicken broth
* 5 small fresh Thai eggplants, quartered (opt)
* 1 can bamboo shoots, drained
* 1/4 cup sweet basil leaf (optional)
* 1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
* 1 1/2 tsp sugar
1. Sauté chicken in a Tbs olive oil, cook a few minutes, add onions and boiled potatoes. (set aside)
2. In small saucepan sauté the green curry paste in oil over medium heat until fragrant, reduce the heat, gradually add 1 can of the coconut milk a little at a time, stir until a film of green oil surfaces. Add chicken broth.
3. Add the chicken, continue cooking for 3 minutes until fragrant and the chicken is cooked through. . Add the remaining coconut milk, season with sugar and fish sauce. When the mixture returns to the boil add the eggplants and bamboo shoot and potatoes. Cook until the eggplants are done, sprinkle sweet basil leaves.
Arrange on a serving dish and garnish with sweet basil leaves and lime if desired